- Ten players confirmed.
- Character skins are not confirmed but multiple videos show Gears 3 characters and Judgment characters. Gears 3 characters are possibly placeholders.
- Frag grenades now can stick opponents to "reward players who have good accuracy."
- You spawn with a medium-damage Frag in FFA.
- Grenade wall plants are disabled.
- Tagging can still be done to players by holding LB and pressing B.
- Grenades can be aimed by holding LB.
- Ink grenade no longer stuns.
- Ink grenades have larger AoE (Area of Effect) and DPS (Damage/second). Can be used as deterrents for halls, weapon pickups, doorways. Cannot be rolled or run through without doing DBNO (Down But Not Out).
- Grenade counter next to weapon ammo in your HUD.
- Grenades glow to more accurately outline them
- Frag grenade damage has been lowered.
Loadouts & Weapon Swaps
- When spawning, you can choose between Lancer and Hammerburst for a primary, Snub for secondary.
- In order to pick up a different secondary, you must switch to your Snub pistol and change out that weapon. Otherwise you will change out your Primary weapon.
- Weapon pickups have a faster animation than previous Gears installments.
- Power Weapon.
- One shot headshot, but if you aim for the body, it takes 3 shots to kill.
- All rifles (Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro lancer) have the same damage settings as Gears 3.
- Retro Lancer is confirmed to be returning. Retro Charge is confirmed to return. Retro is a pickup weapon in FFA.
- Failed Retro charge appears to do less damage than Gears 3.
- Sawed-off is confirmed to be returning. Damage setting is unknown. Pickup Weapon in FFA.
- Gnasher is returning. Damage setting unknown. Pickup weapon in FFA.
- Weapon skins are returning. Flaming Lancer, Immulsion Hammerburst spotted in PAX videos.
- Decals & Skins not confined to weapons.
Weapon Control Changes
- Tap "Y" to switch between primary/secondary weapons. Faster animation.
- Hold "Y" to switch to pistol.
- Tap "LB" to throw grenades. Overhand throw.
- Hold "LB" to aim grenades. Underhand throw.
- Hold "LB" and press "B" to tag grenades to players.
- Tac-Com is now toggled through the D-Pad.
- Press forward and "A" to mantle cover and also mantle kick.
Alternate Weapon Controls
- "X" to run and dive.
- "A" to take cover.
- Hold "RB" to pickup weapons.
- Tap "RB" to reload (takes priority over weapon pickup).
- Down on D-Pad for Tac-Com.
- Cross-hairs are permanent when hip firing or hard aiming.
- Hip fire cross-hairs fade, but still turn red when on an enemy.
- Hard aim cross-hairs turn to full brightness.
- You can roll or run off high ledges, up to "Two Stories" according to developers.
- Slight fall damage when taking this course of action.
- You can chainsaw/shoot enemies while falling.
- Smoke is emitted when the chainsaw is revved.
- Time between revving and being immune to stun has been increased from Gears 3 levels.
- Pickup/Active effect.
- Gives the player bursts of health to give a battle advantage.
- Cannot survive one shot kills (Chainsaw, Retro charge, headshot, Gnasher gib, etc.)
- Maps are designed for individual modes.
- Gondola and Library are the two maps showcased.
- Maps for FFA are more height based.
- Spawn time is reduced.
- Spawn protection time is reduced.
- Stopping power is removed.
- Retro and DBS will be altered.
- Mantle kick is under review for consistency.
- No active reload bonus.