Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Borderlands 2 hits the portable scene with the PS Vita


The PS Vita has been lauded as a brilliant piece of technology in an era when gamers are more mobile than ever before. The additional features of staying connected to the PS3 via the cloud has also been highly praised as keeping gamers attached to the games they enjoy. Players could continue their games while on the move, which was a big seller for the portable device.

Back in 2012, Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford stated he would like to see Borderlands 2 come to the PS Vita.
"One of the things I wish Sony would do is get behind Borderlands, because I'd love to see a Vita version of the game," he said at the time. "I want to be able to have the character I'm working on with my PS3, and then when I'm on the road with my Vita I can just keep developing that same character because it exists on the cloud somewhere."
A collaboration of 2K, Iron Galaxy, and Sony manged to do just that. Launching in 2014, players will be able to purchase Borderlands 2 for the PS Vita. The game will feature everything from the original, however DLC inclusion is unknown at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment